These popped spelt and chocolate bars serve as a great snack for something sweet with dark chocolate. Hildegard von Bingen considered spelt among the healthiest grains. These spelt bars made from popped spelt, along with fine 70% dark chocolate serve as a special treat.
Enjoyed in moderation, these bars are a delicious addition to a healthy diet. We know Hildegard thought highly of spelt, but we often overlook the health benefits of Chocolate. These popped spelt chocolate bars come together quickly, with little effort, and they last a few days. They are also great for packing along on a dynamic meditation in nature.
For those trying to limit sugar in their diets, or those who battle a strong desire for sugar, consider bitters to stop or stem those sugar cravings. A nice dark chocolate contains many of the bitter flavors that may help.
- 60 g butter
- 60 g agave syrup or honey
- 30 g cocoa powder (70% chocolate or more)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 300 g puffed spelt pops
How to Prepare Popped Chocolate Spelt Bars:
- Lightly grease a large casserole dish with butter.
- Place a medium sized pot over medium-high heat and melt the combination of butter, agave syrup or honey, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla. Once it all comes together, remove it from the heat.
- Measure out the spelt pops, and place in a large bowl. Add the cocoa-butter mixture and stir until all pops fully coated.
- Spread the mixture into the greased dish and let sit in the fridge for 4 hours until the chocolate is set.
- Remove from the fridge. Use a sharp knife to and cut into bars.
- Serve with spelt coffee.
Sign Up For Our Free Fasting eBook
Inspired by Hildegard for detoxification, weight loss & improved metabolism!