This delicious and simple spelt pancake recipe is quickly prepared and a delicious alternative to wheat pancakes. The use of spelt flour adds a slightly nutty taste to the pancakes. As an alternative to coconut milk, soy milk or cereal milk (e.g. oat milk) can be used.
Ingredients (Serves: 8-10 Spelt Pancakes):
- 200 gr (2 cup) of spelt flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml (1 cup) of coconut milk
- Little bit of butter (to bake in)
How to Prepare Spelt Pancakes :
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Separate the eggs and beat the whites until stiff.
- Mix the yolks in a separate bowl with the powdered sugar. Gradually stir in the coconut milk.
- Add the flour until the dough is smooth.
- At the end add the beaten egg white carefully to the pancake mixture.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a bit of butter in a non-stick skillet.
- Use a large tablespoon to make small pancakes in the middle of the pan.
- After you drop in the batter, turn down the heat to allow the pancakes to bake gently.
- Bake for a few minutes until the pancake gets firm and you can turn it.
- Turn it gently and fry for another 2 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with blueberries and honey.